In my home we go on eating spurts like for example, Bananas it seems we could not keep enough in the house. Then one day, I bought some Bananas, my husband Marco bought some Bananas and my daughter Molly brought home some Bananas. That was the day, the family stopped eating Bananas. The Bananas turned deep dark brown in the fruit bowl…,the hubby complained “waste not want not..blah,blah,blah”. My resourceful self said “Bake some banana bread.” Low and behold here is the best, easiest recipe I’ve tried for Banana Bread….., and I’ve tried quite a few. Enjoy!
This recipe is modified and a compilation of many that I have tried and retried.
- 3 OR 4 ripe bananas, smashed (used my potato masher)
- 1/3 cup melted butter ( can use less)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter in the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and pinch of salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or longer. Check to make sure wipes clean with toothpick. Cool on rack. remove from pan. Slice and Serve.
Yield: one loaf or two minis