It’s been one of those crazy weeks and the thought of getting out the recipe books, researching the web, looking thru old publications does not sound appealing at all. I need something simple, delicious and easy. Well, it does not get easier than this! The original recipe calls for a 1/2 cup wild rice and 1/2 cup of long grain white rice, I cheat and use Near East Long grain and wild rice mix. If you have any roasted peppers in the fridge, this will work as well otherwise you will need to roast two more. This always works for dinner, parties and is great the next day. Friends and family will be asking for the recipe. Pass it on. Enjoy!
My sister Helena gave me this recipe at least a hundred years ago and Ido not know it provenance.
- 1 med red bell pepper
- 1 med yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup wild rice (can use box)
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Prep peppers for roasting. (see my roasted pepper post….try to say that 10 times fast!)
- Follow the side of the box for rice instructions. (I micro it….rice alwayscomes out perfect.)
- Prepare the vinaigrette: grate 1/2 teaspoon zest of lemon, squeeze the juice from the lemon. Combine zest and juice with the olive oil, 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper (I love the lemon zest in the dressing but if you are lazy it’s o.k.)
- dice peppers and put in rice.
- Place vinaigrette on top of peppers and rice and stir together.
- gently stir in parsley and chives.